Our technical team currently consists of:
In the 2015-2016 Year the team has carried out an extraordinary amount of work, including but not limited to:
- fitting out the new John Garnsey Memorial Studio with all necessary equipment, including a new console;
- rebuilding the Control Room with a new mobile equipment rack and adding cables linking the room to each studio – this was a huge job;
- replacing the sound-proofing on the walls of both studios;
- upgrading the telephone system;
- supervising upgrades to the studios’ electrical system to support a much heavier load;
- supervising the installation of air-conditioners in the lobby and JGM studio;
- installing new CD players;
- planning improvements to our web site; and
- setting up Outside Broadcasting (OB) equipment and conducting two OB events.
By the way, the photo at the top of this page shows the Control Room prior to having a go at sorting out the bird’s nest of cables!
Below is a photo of the remodeled Control Room, complete with a mobile rack, shelving etc.
We are very grateful to Warwick Ford and his company’s staff for keeping an eye on, and maintaining, our transmitter on Mount Canobolas.
You can just see our small antenna mast in the distance.
Internet and Web Site Facilities
A modern-day broadcasting station uses and produces a vast amount of electronic data. During the 2015- 2016 period the Technical Team volunteers were heavily engaged in adding and/or improving our Internet facilities. This involved tripling the number of computers, running “Cat5” cables everywhere including climbing into the roof space, and setting up a web site.
New software was added to manage our vastly expanded music collection, for putting our programs to air by our presenters and automatically from a CBAA satellite link and from our music collection.